Friday, August 3, 2012

Out and about!

There were a lot of things I did over the summer in and around San Francisco that I loved, so here are a couple of off-beat things I would recommend:

Grab a Bakesale Betty's sandwich


This was something that was highly recommended to me and I am glad I got down to it though it was in the last week. It was probably the first time I saw a 200-strong queue at a working day lunch place. Surprisingly, the line moved fast and I got to try the much talked about baked chicken sandwich, ginger cookie and strawberry shortcake and it was well worth it. 



 Attend the Benicia "Torchlight Parade"

Over the July 4th weekend, I got treated to my first small-town parade and it was delightful. Benicia’s Freedom Festival Independence Day “Torchlight Parade” parade takes place every year on the eve of July 4th with music, dancers, floats, clowns and entertainment and everyone is welcome to partake in the festivities.


Make a trip down to the Russian river 

There are many picnic spots along this river in Sonoma county that are suitable for lazing around, canoeing/kayaking, swimming or fishing. With easy access to food, pubs and wineries and a scenic drive up from San Francisco, this area makes for a great day trip with family or a group of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment