Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Emeryville diaries - 1

Hello from sunny California! I have spent the last 6 weeks in Emeryville (better known as the home of Pixar) at a global health, non-profit start-up, Zagaya, helping them with their supply chain strategy. The experience right from the getting to work on a great project, having an amazing host family, meeting interesting and intelligent people and enjoying vibrant San Francisco weekends has been thoroughly enjoyable and fulfilling.

I have been busy learning the nuances of a new industry (more specifically donor-funded healthcare), experiencing the dynamic nature and the challenges of working in a non-profit and taking in the myriad of culinary and cultural experiences offered by the city of San Francisco and Bay area. I have had the opportunity to meet and have conversations with very interesting and inspiring people both in the non-profit and technology space. The dedication and support offered by so many people to a cause affecting such a large population in the developing world is a sobering and warming realization.

In upcoming posts, I will write more about my reflections on work, food, SF sights and living in the East Bay. As I am the only WDI fellow in a domestic project, my pictures will be of more familiar yet loved sights:


No comments:

Post a Comment