Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The 20% Saves the Day... er... Week


A while back I wrote about the 80% rule, which states that you can only enjoy India 80% of the time. Well, last week was the opposite - I hated everything about India 80% of the time because I was home sick with the flu. Of course, my mind instantly ran to Malaria and other godforsaken diseases, but the doctor confirmed it was just a virus and would go away in a day or two. Which it did. Then I woke up Saturday feeling strong and healthy… only to come down with a stomach bug. Ug. 80% indeed.

The 20% that saved me from feeling truly depressed about all of this was captured in the video below. A co-worker offered to take me to the doctor. I accepted the gracious offer without realizing that we would drive there on a motorcycle. Thus ensued my first experience on the back of a motorcycle AND my first experience on the back of a motorcycle driving in Bangalore. What an experience! Despite feeling under the weather, the whole thing brought a smile to my face. The 20% saved the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment