Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What inspires you?

As I was pondering what to write in what is likely my last blog post, I was looking for inspiration: inspiration to write something meaningful, worthwhile and educational for the wonderful people who have been following this blog.

Should I write about the monsoon season and how Delhiites look forward to the rains because it means relief from the 100+ degree Fahrenheit weather? Should I write about the power outage that affected 600 million people (twice the population of the entire United States!) in northern India? Should I write more about life in India and how while there is a divide between the rich and poor, they are able to reside in the same neighborhoods? Or, should I write about finishing my internship deliverables, which included operational process maps, organizational structures, compensation structures, defined job roles and HR overviews?

Inspiration can be different for many people. It could be spiritual, emotional, or practical. For my client, she prefers the principals and teachers to be inspired enough to want to send their students on heritage walks and incorporate heritage education into the schools’ curriculums. She doesn’t try to push them just to increase her numbers. She wants them to feel that there’s a need for heritage education. She wants her “customers” to try it out and see for themselves.

As I am now in my last week in India and at Start Up!, just like there is much to see and do in India but not enough weekends to explore every place, there is much to share but hard to describe it all on paper/blog. There is so much happening in India in the social impact space. Many of us have posted pictures to provide a glimpse into the social sector and life in India, and as the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words." However, sometimes, you just got to come and see for yourself to be inspired.

India: You’ve been good to me these past 13 weeks. I will miss the curiosity, breadth of ideas, convenience of auto rickshaws, home delivery for pretty much everything, house help, reclining seats at the movie theaters, and of course the many Indian and non-Indian cuisines (especially the Chinese food). Thanks for hosting me and look forward to future visits to see the power of inspiration at work!
Glimpse through Amber Fort in Jaipur

Glimpse through the Taj Mahal

No comments:

Post a Comment